Alaska Second Offense DUI Penalties
Alaska Second Offense DUI Law Overview
A second offense DUI in Alaska comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Department of Motor Vehicles.
A second offense is classified as a Misdemeanor offense.
Punished by mandatory jail sentence in the county or municipal jail for at least 20 days, a minimum fine of no less than $3,000, and a $1,467 imprisonment fee.
Jail time and fines vary based upon the offenders blood alcohol level and the various circumstances of the case.
Must undergo an alcohol and substance abuse assessment.
A second offense refusal will carry additional license sanctions beyond the standard license sanctions.
An ignition interlock will be required for a period of 1 year for all second time offenders.
Your license will be revoked for 1 year following a second offense.
The court may grant you a limited license during revocation period to drive to and from work.
An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Alaska DUI Resources
- Alaska DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Alaska’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Alaska First Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Alaska Third Offense DUI – Third offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Alaska SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Alaska’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Alaska DUI Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol abuse classes.
- Alaska Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Alaska bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.
- State Statutes – Complete Alabama DUI statute regarding DUI laws and penalties.