Delaware Fourth Offense DUI Law
To be considered a fourth or subsequent offense DUI, the current offense the offender has had three or more offenses in their lifetime. A fourth offense DUI in Delaware comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
A fourth offense is a Class E Felony offense. Punished by a term of imprisonment of two to five years, a of $3,000 to $7,000 plus all court costs. Jail time and fines vary based upon the offenders blood alcohol level. Attendance in a state approved alcohol education program is required.
If your license had been reinstated following your third offense, you will be looking at a lifetime revocation this time around. You may apply for reinstatement with the DMV after 4 years of the revocation period has passed. If the DMV grants you reinstatement, an IID will be required for at least 15 years, possibly longer. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Delaware DUI Resources
- Delaware DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Delaware’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Delaware First Offense DUI – First offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Delaware Second Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Delaware Third Offense DUI – Fourth offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Delaware SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Delaware’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Delaware Alcohol Education Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol education classes.
- Delaware Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Delaware bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.