Arizona Second Offense DUI Penalties
Arizona Second Offense DUI Law Overview
A second offense DUI in Arizona comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Motor Vehicle Department.
A second offense is classified as a Misdemeanor offense in the majority of cases. Punished by imprisonment in the county or municipal jail for a minimum of 90 days of which 60 days can be suspended if you complete the required assessment and alcohol education class before sentencing, term of imprisonment will be longer for high BAC offenders, a fine amount of no less than $500 base fine, $410 surcharges, and $2,500 general assessment fine.
Jail time and fines vary based upon the offenders blood alcohol level. Completion of an alcohol assessment and treatment program are required.
Your license will be suspended for 2 years for a second time refusal. An ignition interlock will be required for a minimum of 1 year for all second time offenders following full reinstatement of your driver lciense. Your license will be revoked for 1 year following a second offense. You may be granted a restricted license during the suspension period. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Arizona DUI Resources
- Arizona DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Arizona’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Arizona First Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Arizona Third Offense DUI – Third offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Arizona SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Arizona’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Arizona DUI Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol abuse classes.
- Arizona Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Arizona bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.
- State Statutes – Complete Arizona DUI statute regarding DUI laws and penalties.