Arizona Third Offense DUI Law
A third offense DUI in Arizona comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Motor Vehicle Department.
If this is a third offense within 7 years it will be classified as a Felony offense, otherwise it is a Misdemeanor offense. Punished by imprisonment in the county or municipal jail for 120 days of which 60 days can be suspended if you complete the required assessment and alcohol education class before sentencing, term of imprisonment will be longer for high BAC offenders, a fine amount of no less than $500 base fine, $445 surcharges, and $2,500 general assessment fine. Jail time and fines vary based upon the offenders blood alcohol level. Completion of an alcohol assessment and treatment program are required.
Your license will be suspended for 2 years for a second time refusal. An ignition interlock will be required for a period of time to be determined by the courts. Your license will be revoked for 5 years following a third offense. You will not be granted a restricted license during revocation period. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Arizona DUI Resources
- Arizona DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Arizona’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Arizona First Offense DUI – First offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Arizona Second Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Arizona SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Arizona’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Arizona Alcohol Education Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol education classes.
- Arizona Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Arizona bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.
- State Statutes – Complete Arizona DUI statute regarding DUI laws and penalties.