Arkansas First Offense DWI Penalties
Arkansas First Offense DWI Law Overview
A first offense DWI in Arkansas comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Office of Motor Vehicles.
A first offense is a Misdemeanor offense in Arkansas. Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of violating § 5-65-103 may, for a first offense, be imprisoned for no less than 24 hours and no more than one (1) year, except that the court may order public service in lieu of jail, and, in such instance, the court shall include the reasons therefor in its written order or judgment.
Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of violating § 5-65-103 shall be fined: (1) No less than one hundred fifty dollars ($150) and no more than one thousand dollars ($1,000) for the first offense. Completion of a state approved alcohol education program.
A first offense refusal will result in a 6 month revocation of your driving privileges without the change of restricted driving during revocation period. An ignition interlock will be required for restricted driving privileges during suspension period and for up to 1 year after full reinstatement of your license.
Your license will be suspended for 3 to 6 months following a first offense. As long as you submitted to a chemical test you will be eligible for an ignition interlock restricted license during suspension period. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 1 year beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Arkansas DWI Resources
- Arkansas DWI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Arkansas’s DWI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Arkansas Second Offense DWI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DWI classes, and more.
- Alabama Third Offense DUI – Third offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DWI classes, and more.
- Arkansas SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Arkansas’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Arkansas DWI Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DWI & alcohol abuse classes.
- Arkansas Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Arkansas bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.
- State Statutes – Complete Arkansas DWI statute regarding DWI laws and penalties.