Arkansas Third Offense DWI Law
To be considered a third offense, the offense must have occurred within 5 years of a first offense. A third offense DWI in Arkansas comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Office of Motor Vehicles.
A third offense is a Misdemeanor offense in Arkansas. Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of violating § 5-65-103 or any other equivalent penal law of another state or foreign jurisdiction shall be imprisoned or shall be ordered to perform public service in lieu of jail as follows: (1) For no fewer than 90 days and no more than 1 year for the third offense occurring within five (5) years of the first offense or no fewer than 90 days of community service.
Any person who pleads guilty or nolo contendere to or is found guilty of violating § 5-65-103 shall be fined: (1) No less than $900 and no more than $5,000 for the third or subsequent offense occurring within five (5) years of the first offense. Completion of a state approved alcohol education program.
A third offense refusal will result in a 3 year license revocation of your driving privileges without the change of restricted driving during revocation period. An ignition interlock will be required for restricted driving privileges during suspension period and for up to 1 year after full reinstatement of your license. Your license will be suspended for 30 months following a third offense. As long as you submitted to a chemical test you will be eligible for an ignition interlock restricted license after serving 1 year of the suspension period. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 1 year beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Arkansas DWI Resources
- Arkansas DWI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Alabama’s DWI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Arkansas First Offense DWI – First offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DWI classes, and more.
- Arkansas Second Offense DWI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DWI classes, and more.
- Arkansas SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Arkansas’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Arkansas Alcohol Education Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DWI & alcohol education classes.
- Arkansas Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Arkansas bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.
- State Statutes – Complete Alabama DWI statute regarding DWI laws and penalties.