Idaho First Offense DUI Law Overview
A first offense DUI in Idaho comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
A first offense is classified as a Misdemeanor offense. Punished by imprisonment in the county or municipal jail for no more than 6 months. The jail sentence for a first offense can be waived. The court will most likely imposed a 6 month probation period for a first offense. The maximum fine amount is $1,000 plus court costs. The fine amount and jail sentence will vary based upon BAC level and case circumstances. Attendance in a state approved DUI evaluation and class is required.
A first offense refusal to submit to a chemical test will result in a 1 year suspension of your driver’s license along with a $250 fine. There are no ingition interlock requirements for first offenders, but the court may impose one. Your license will be suspended for at least 90 days up to 180 days maximum following a first offense. You may be eligible for a restricted permit during the suspension period. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Idaho DUI Resources
- Idaho DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Idaho’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Idaho Second Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho Third Offense DUI – Third offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Idaho’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Idaho DUI Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol abuse classes.
- Idaho Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Idaho bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.