Idaho Third Offense DUI Law
A third offense DUI in Idaho comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
A third offense is a Felony charge. To be classified as a third offense you have had 1 prior conviction for DUI within the past 10 year period. Punished by imprisonment in the county or municipal jail for a minimum of 30 days up to a maximum of 5 years. The court will most likely imposed a period of probation also. The maximum fine amount is $5,000 plus court costs. The fine amount and jail sentence will vary based upon BAC level and case circumstances. Attendance in a state approved DUI class is required.
A third offense refusal to submit to a chemical test will result in a 2 year suspension of your driver’s license along with a $250 fine. An ignition interlock will be required for at least 1 year past the suspension period. Your license will be suspended for at least 1 year up to 5 years for a third offense. The suspension period will begin upon your release from jail. You will not be eligible for a restricted permit during the suspension period. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Idaho DUI Resources
- Idaho DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Idaho’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Idaho First Offense DUI – First offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho Second Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Idaho’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Idaho DUI Education Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol education classes.
- Idaho Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Idaho bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.