Idaho SR22 Insurance Filing Information
Idaho SR22 Information & Filings
In the State of Idaho, it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content (BAC) of 0.08 or greater. If you are caught driving with a blood alcohol content that is over the limit, you will be charged with a DUI (Driving Under the Influence).
If you are convicted of a DUI, your driver’s license will be suspended for the following periods of time:
1st offense: 90 to 180 days
1st offense with a BAC of 0.20 or higher: 1 year
2nd or 3rd offense: at least 1 year
Idaho SR22 Insurance
In order to get your Idaho driver’s license reinstated, you will need to pay a non-refundable reinstatement fee. You will also need to acquire Idaho SR22 insurance.
SR22 insurance is simply proof of liability insurance coverage. It is a certificate that your insurance carrier will send to the Idaho Transportation Department that shows that you are insured for the Idaho state minimum liability limits, which are:
$20,000 for the injury or death of one person in a single accident
$50,000 for the injury or death of two or more persons in a single accident
$15,000 for the damage of property resulting from a single accident
Insurance companies are not required to offer SR22 insurance. You can find one that does here:
You will be required to carry SR22 insurance for 3 years. If your SR22 insurance policy is allowed to lapse, your insurance company is required by law to notify the state of Idaho.
Idaho’s Ignition Interlock Program
If you are convicted of a DUI in Idaho, the court might order the use of an ignition interlock device (IID) as part of your probation.
An ignition interlock device is a small instrument that measures the blood alcohol content of a driver and prevents a vehicle from starting if the BAC exceeds the preset level (usually 0.02%). Before a person can start the vehicle, he or she must provide a breath sample. Then, as the vehicle continues to operate, the device will occasionally ask for new samples of breath to ensure that the driver is still safe and sober.
You can find a list of certified Idaho ignition interlock manufacturers here. The offender is responsible for installation and maintenance fees.
For More Information:
For more information about Idaho’s Ignition Interlock Program, call Kevin Bechen at (208) 334-4467 or email email@example.com.
For more information about driver’s license reinstatement, contact the Idaho Division of Motor Vehicles Driver Services at (208) 334-8735 or DMVfirstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Idaho DUI laws, fines, and penalties, visit our Idaho DUI laws page.
Additional Idaho DUI Resources
- Idaho First Offense DUI – First offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho Second Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho Third Offense DUI – Third offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Idaho’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Idaho Alcohol DUI Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol abuse classes.
- Idaho Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Idaho bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.