Idaho Second Offense DUI Law
A second offense DUI in Idaho comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
A second offense is a Misdemeanor charge. To be classified as a second offense you have had 1 prior conviction for DUI within the past 5 year period. Punished by imprisonment in the county or municipal jail for a minimum of 10 days up to a maximum of 1 year. The maximum fine amount is $2,000 plus court costs. The fine amount and jail sentence will vary based upon BAC level and case circumstances. Attendance in a state approved DUI evaluation and class is required.
A second offense refusal to submit to a chemical test will result in a 2 year suspension of your driver’s license along with a $250 fine. An ignition interlock will be required for 1 year past the suspension period. Your license will be suspended for at least 1 year for a second offense. You may be eligible for a restricted permit during the suspension period. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years beyond license reinstatement period. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Idaho DUI Resources
- Idaho DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Idaho’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Idaho First Offense DUI – First offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho Third Offense DUI – Third offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Idaho SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Idaho’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Idaho Alcohol Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol abuse classes.
- Idaho Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Idaho bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.