Illinois Fourth Offense DUI Law
A fourth offense DUI in Illinois comes with a combination of criminal penalties enforced by the court and administrative penalties against your driver’s license handed down by the Division of Motor Vehicles.
A fourth offense is an Aggravated offense and is classified as a Class 2 Felony offense. The jail sentence is 3 – 7 years, you may be granted 4 years of probation instead of jail time. If you had a high BAC level there is madantory 90 day jail sentence. The fine for a fourth offense can be as high as $25,000 plus court costs. If your BAC was .16% or higher there is an additional $2,500 mandatory fine. The fine amount and jail sentence will vary based upon BAC level and case circumstances. There is a 25 day term of community service if a child under 16 was in the vehicle. Attendance in a state approved DUI risk reduction class is required.
A fourth offense refusal to submit to a chemical test will result in a lifetime revocation of your driver’s license if convicted. Your license will be revoked for life following a fourth offense. An SR-22 form filing will be required for a period of 3 years if your license is reinstatement. You can apply for your SR-22 filing below:
Additional Illinois DUI Resources
- Illinois DUI Laws – Here you will find a comprehensive and detailed explanation of Illinois’s DUI laws including all offense levels and penalties.
- Illinois First Offense DUI – First offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Illinois Second Offense DUI – Second offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Illinois Third Offense DUI – Fourth offense information including penalties, fines, potential jail time, license suspension, DUI classes, and more.
- Illinois SR22 Insurance Filing – We have compiled everything you need to know about Illinois’s SR22 insurance and filing requirements including important addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Illinois DUI Education Classes – We offer a complete listing of state approved DUI & alcohol education classes.
- Illinois Bail Bondsmen – Comprehensive list of Illinois bail bond agents including address, phone, website, etc.